If you’ve ever lived in a house with insect-filled window screens, you understand how important it is to keep them clean. Dirty, dusty screens can make the inside of your home invites bugs and other unwanted guests. Also, they harbor allergens which make breathing difficult. Cleaning your window screens regularly will keep them in great shape and reduce the risk of mold or mildew growth. What’s more, if you clean windows without messing with the screens, your work will be in vain. To see the results of window cleaning, screens must be dirt-free, as well.
How to Clean Window Screens
- Mix 1/4 cup of dish soap with 1 gallon of hot water in a bucket.
- The soap should be concentrated and able to create suds.
- Use a sponge or rag to apply the solution to the screens, working from top to bottom and back again.
Remove and Wash Window Screens
- With a screwdriver, remove the screen from its frame by loosening and prying apart the clips that hold it in place.
- Wash both sides of the screen in hot water with dish soap to remove dirt and grime as well as trapped dead bugs or other debris.
- Use a sponge to scrub away stubborn stains from window screens.
- Be careful not to rip or tear screens in the process.
Wash Screens with a Sponge
- Use hot water and dish soap to wash the screens.
- Rinse the screens.
- Hose them off to remove excess water.
- Let the screens dry in the sun.
- Reinstall dry screens by pressing them back into place and securing with screws if necessary. Don’t scratch the window as you install it back into the window frame. Also, don’t bend or break the screen while installing it. Also, don’t damage sills or frames while cleaning or reinstalling windows screens!
We would love to handle your screen and window cleaning. Instead of investing in equipment you won’t often use, and putting your windows and screens at risk, give us a call. We would love to come to your home and take care of this task for you!
About Elliott Window Cleaning in Meridian, Idaho
We established Elliott Window Cleaning in 2019. But our history runs much deeper. In fact, this family owned, and operated business began in Hood River, Oregon in 1984, where Monty Elliott learned the window cleaning trade from his father. Over the years, Monty has always washed windows – whether it was on the side or as a full-time business. In 2019, Monty and his oldest son, Cody, decided to begin serving the Treasure Valley once again. As a result, all four family members spend their time running the most reliable, friendly, and thorough window cleaning company in the Treasure Valley. At Elliott Window Cleaning, we build trust with each customer and strive to provide an elite experience. For a free, no-obligation quote, call today Call: (208) 600-3154.